MAR 13th

Posted in  Clayton News Daily
Comments  469

Bully Musical Coming To PAC Center

MORROW — Georgia based actor Cedric Pendleton and educator Pete Key are collaborating to bring “Don’t Bully, I’m Going to Change the World,” their musical stage play that addresses anti-bullying issues to the Clayton County Performing Arts Center, better known as the PAC.

“I was bullied as a kid and I wanted to do something that would reach out to youth today,” said Pendleton.

Pendleton, who is the executive producer and co-director for the play, said the musical incorporates a three-dimensional set design and the latest in video technology, that will reach students in an entertaining and educational manner.

“This 75-minute production takes you on a roller coaster ride as characters invite audience participation in the songs, the dance, and the story,” said Pendleton. “We make you laugh, we make you cry, but most of all … we make you think before you choose to respond.”

The play was written by C. Randolph Whitsett, who said, “This is the hardest and most important play that I ever wrote.” A victim of bullying throughout high school, he added, “That was twenty years ago and I realized that I still haven’t healed. I’ve always wrote for other people, but this one ended up being a letter to that young kid inside of me.” He is also the co-director.

"This is the hardest and most important play that I ever wrote.” A victim of bullying throughout high school, he added, “That was twenty years ago and I realized that I still haven’t healed. I’ve always wrote for other people, but this one ended up being a letter to that young kid inside of me.”
-C. Randolph Whitsett / Writter

Pete Key is CEO of Ole Pete Key, Inc., which provides educational, motivational, and inspirational products and services for people to unlock their potential and determine their destiny. He said his role is to meet people “where they are, the way they are,” educating and motivating them to get to where they are going in life.

In the musical, Key uses music, drama, poetry, comedy, motivational speeches and teaching to convey profound yet practical principles. He added his company transcends race, religion, color, socio-economic backgrounds and addresses core issues that people face daily.

Pendleton is a seasoned actor, who has developed his craft through series, television and theatre. Pendleton has starred in several Tyler Perry features films and sitcoms, including “Madea’s Family Reunion,” “Diary of a Mad Black Woman,” “House of Payne” and “Runaway Jury.”

Pendleton and Key said the show gives corporate sponsors, foundations, and parents an opportunity to invest in a solution that answers those “cries to help” of America’s youth. Dedicated to giving back to the community, cast members will visit group homes, classrooms, and other facilities in an effort to engage in conversations with youth.

The show is slated to be performed in May at the PAC, however no dates have been set.

Previous Sponsors